Monday, February 16, 2009

Who knew??

Who knew you could quilt a quilt on the longarm using muslin instead of batting!!! As per my clients very adamant request, I reluctantly tried it and without too much difficulty I managed to quilt the beast. I say beast because this quilt was made out of flannel, top and bottom and was 116in square and weighed a darn ton. I had to get DH to come down to the studio and help me fold it when I'd finished. I can't imagine what it would have weighed had I quilted it with batting instead. For the quilting, I did a freehand loose meander all over and outlined each appliqued heart with a squiggly line. I hope the client likes it and appreciates how much I fretted over her quilt. I'm hoping this was the first and the last time for a muslin middle as it was difficult to try to work in any fullness with no batting to soak it up in.

3 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

WOW! that is one HUGE quilt Jenn! you did a fabulous job on it

Joyce said...

I just wonder who is going to sleep under something so big and heavy???

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Betcha that baby is going to be very warm!